Tech. Lead/Software Engineer, ColdQuanta/Infleqtion
Nov 2019 -- current
Infleqtion (formerly ColdQuanta) is an industry leading quantum atomics company.
- Lead geographically distributed team of software engineers responsible for real-time hardware control and programming, driving scrum processes, leading projects, consulting on requirements that require a deep understanding of the system
- Design, prototype, and implement distributed control system for optical atomic clock
- Use esoteric LLVM backed Python realtime programming system (Artiq) to create stable quantum program execution environment using Python and Rust
- Work closely with specialized physics team to provide tools for composing experiments that execute on hardware
- Hired and handed off DevOps responsibilities to newly formed team
- Review and develop complex, multidisciplinary, (rt) performance sensitive code
- Lead technical-design reviews for existing software infrastructure, identifying weakness in architecture and high ROI potential improvement
Sr. Software Engineer, TDS Telecom
Aug. 2016 -- Nov. 2019
Regional Internet Service Provider and Telecom.
- Design, develop, test, and maintain a range of internal full-stack applications
- Automate the mangement and configuration of specialized network equipment
- Prototype OpenShift/Kubernetes system architecture for use across entire company
- Develop automation for complex network equipment graph management
Optical Atomic Clock Control System
Design, rapidly prototype, deploy, and test soft realtime control system using Python and Rust with extremely tight deadlines. Collaborate with electrical engineering team for embedded driver control and integration. Manage distributed state across networked nodes for servo control, monitoring, and analysis.
Integrate new industrial camera hardware partially into hard realtime system for advanced diagnostics and monitoring of laser subsystems.
Assist in original design and implementation of a complex, scalable programming interface for physics experiments featuring a dynamic, type-safe, multi-backend parameter engine capable of tracking 50,000+ individual variables. Retained all variable modifications and supports branching and merging semantics.
A prototype extendible-hashing based database. Implemented first in Python, then in Rust. Achieved up to ~1 million updates per second, 5+ million reads per second for simple integer values with little optimization.
Herzing University, BSc Software Development
2015 -- 2018